If you need emergency help, please call 9-1-1.
You should only use the contacts listed here to contact FEMA for disaster-related matters. You may also find answers to common questions in our FAQs.
Contact the FEMA Helpline if you have questions about:
- The help offered by FEMA.
- How to apply for assistance.
- Information in your account.
Call 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. ET, 7 days a week:
- 1-800-621-FEMA (1-800-621-3362)
- TTY 1-800-462-7585
- 711 or VRS 1-800-621-3362
- You can also send an email from the Disaster Assistance webform.
- Or write to:
P.O. Box 10055
Hyattsville, MD 20782-8055
FEMA Internet Help Desk
Contact the FEMA Internet Help Desk for help with:
- Access to your account.
- Lost or forgotten user ID, password, or PIN.
- Errors or other site-related problems.
Call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week:
FEMA Disaster Recovery Centers
FEMA Disaster Recovery Centers (DRCs) are accessible meeting places set up after a disaster. There you can learn about FEMA or other assistance programs. You may also ask questions about your case or seek guidance on other disaster-related issues. The services offered at each DRC may vary.
There are two ways to find a DRC near you:
- Use the DRC Locator to find addresses and DRC details. Find info like the hours of operation, services offered, and driving directions.
- Text DRC and a Zip Code to 4FEMA (43362). Example: DRC 01234. Using this option doesn’t add you to any messaging service. It’s just like doing a search on the Web. (Standard text rates may apply.)
I M P O R T A N T N O T E : The information provided below is for your reference and convenience. These contacts cannot provide any information or help with your FEMA account or application for disaster assistance. You must contact the FEMA Helpline or visit a DRC for account or application help.
Assistance From Our Partners
To find assistance offered through our partners, go to Forms of Assistance:
- Under "Find Assistance By" select Federal Agency.
- Select any agency name(s) to get a list of their programs.
- Then click on any program name to view the details and contacts.
- To learn more about each of our partners, visit the Partners page.
For media inquiries, visit FEMA's Media Contacts or call 202-646-3272.
If you want to report suspicious activity or disaster fraud, you can use any of the contacts below.
Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Office of Inspector General (OIG)
- Phone: 1-800-323-8603, TTY 1-844-889-4357. You don't have to give your name.
- Web: www.oig.dhs.gov
- Fax: 202-254-4297
- Write to:
DHS Office of Inspector General: Mail Stop 0305
Department of Homeland Security
245 Murray Lane SW
Washington, DC 20528-0305
FEMA’s Office of the Chief Security Officer (OCSO) Tip line
- Phone: 1-866-223-0814
- Email: FEMA-OCSO-Tipline@fema.dhs.gov
National Center for Disaster Fraud Hotline
- Phone: 866-720-5721
- Fax: 225-334-4707
- Email: email@example.com
If you discover that someone is misusing your information, you should file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission.
Suggestions or Feedback
Your thoughts matter to us! If you would like to offer suggestions or feedback for DisasterAssistance.gov:
- Take our feedback survey.