If you need emergency help, please call 9-1-1.
If you have questions about the process to apply for assistance, visit our FAQs page to find answers to common questions.
If you need help with your account, have technical problems, or want to find a DRC near you, the FEMA contacts below can help.
FEMA Disaster Assistance Helpline
General questions or comments about FEMA disaster assistance for individuals and families can be emailed to:
NOTE: This email address is unsecured. Do not share any personal information through email, including your address, social security number, or bank information.
When emailing us, please include your name and the city and state where the disaster occurred or that you are asking about.
Contact the FEMA Disaster Assistance Helpline if you have questions about:
- The help offered by FEMA.
- How to apply for assistance.
- Information in your account.
Call 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. ET, 7 days a week:
- 1-800-621-3362 (also for 711 & VRS)
- TTY 1-800-462-7585
- Or write to:
P.O. Box 10055
Hyattsville, MD 20782-8055
Internet Help Desk
Contact the Internet Help Desk for help with:
- Access to your account.
- Lost or forgotten user ID, password, or PIN.
- Errors or other site-related problems.
Call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week:
FEMA Disaster Recovery Centers
FEMA Disaster Recovery Centers (DRCs) are accessible meeting places set up to provide help after a disaster. There you can learn about FEMA or other assistance programs. You may also ask questions about your case or seek guidance on other disaster-related issues. The services offered at each DRC may vary.
There are two ways to find a DRC near you:
- Use the DRC Locator to find addresses and DRC details. Find info like the hours of operation, services offered, and driving directions.
- Text DRC and a ZIP code to 43362.
Example: DRC 01234.
Using this option does not add you to any messaging service. It’s just like doing a search on the web. (Standard text rates may apply.)
I M P O R T A N T N O T E : The following information is provided for your reference and convenience. These contacts cannot provide any information or help with your FEMA account or your application for disaster assistance. You must contact the FEMA Disaster Assistance Helpline or visit a DRC for help with your account or application.
Assistance from Our Partners
To find assistance offered through our partners, go to Forms of Assistance:
- Under "Find Assistance By" select Federal Agency.
- Select any agency name(s) to get a list of their programs.
- Then click on any program name to view the details and contacts.
- To learn more about each of our partners, visit the Partners page.
For media inquiries, visit the FEMA Contact Us page and find your local News Desk or call 202-646-3272.
If you discover that someone is misusing your information, you should file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission through IdentityTheft.gov.
If you want to report suspicious activity or disaster fraud, you can use any of the contacts below.
Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Office of Inspector General (OIG)
- Phone: 1-800-323-8603, TTY 1-844-889-4357. You don't have to give your name.
- Web: Office of Inspector General
- Fax: 202-254-4297
- Write to:
DHS Office of Inspector General: Mail Stop 0305
Department of Homeland Security
245 Murray Lane SW
Washington, DC 20528-0305
FEMA’s Office of the Chief Security Officer (OCSO) Tip line
- Phone: 1-866-223-0814
- Email: FEMA-OCSO-Tipline@fema.dhs.gov
National Center for Disaster Fraud Hotline
- Phone: 866-720-5721
- Fax: 225-334-4707
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- View: "PSA: National Center for Disaster Fraud Hotline"
Suggestions or Feedback
Your thoughts matter to us! If you would like to offer suggestions or feedback for DisasterAssistance.gov:
- Take our feedback survey.