If you were impacted by a federally declared disaster, you may have extra time to file and pay your taxes currently due.
Visit IRS News From Around the Nation. Click on your state to see a list of returns and payments that qualify for an extension and other tax-related benefits.
General Program Requirements
Your account is automatically coded for filing and payment relief if you meet both of the following conditions:
- You live in a county identified by the IRS as qualified for disaster tax relief.
- Your address is up to date with the IRS.
You do not need to call or contact the IRS to get relief.
Please call the IRS disaster hotline at 1-866-562-5227 if you meet any of the conditions below.
You live in a federally declared disaster area and you are:
- Impacted by a federally declared disaster and your record of address is not up to date.
- Experiencing other tax-related hardships.
- Unable to make your installment agreement payments on back-due taxes.