Program Description

If you were impacted by a federally declared disaster, you may have extra time to file and pay your taxes currently due.

Visit IRS News From Around the Nation. Click on your state to see a list of returns and payments that qualify for an extension and other tax-related benefits.

General Program Requirements

Your account is automatically coded for filing and payment relief if you meet both of the following conditions:

  • You live in a county identified by the IRS as qualified for disaster tax relief.
  • Your address is up to date with the IRS.

You do not need to call or contact the IRS to get relief.

Application Process

Please call the IRS disaster hotline at 1-866-562-5227 if you meet any of the conditions below.

You live in a federally declared disaster area and you are:

  • Impacted by a federally declared disaster and your record of address is not up to date.
  • Experiencing other tax-related hardships.
  • Unable to make your installment agreement payments on back-due taxes.
Last Updated: 05/06/2021