Other Needs Assistance (ONA) under FEMA’s Individuals and Households Program (IHP) provides financial assistance for necessary expenses and serious needs directly caused by the disaster. This includes assistance for the following:
- Personal Property
- Child Care
- Medical and Dental
- Moving and Storage
- Miscellaneous and other expenses
- Critical Needs
- Clean and Removal
- Group Flood Insurance Policy
General Program Requirements
In general, you must meet all the following conditions to qualify:
- You or someone who lives with you is a U.S. citizen, a non-citizen national, or a qualified alien.
- You pass FEMA’s identity and occupancy verification if it applies to you.
- You have no insurance –or– have filed an insurance claim, but it does not cover all of your losses.
- You have serious needs or expenses due to losses in a Presidentially declared disaster area.
To qualify for some types of ONA, it may depend on your ability to secure a disaster loan from the Small Business Administration (SBA).
Other conditions and limitations may apply.
Read FEMA’s Individual Assistance Program and Policy Guide for more details.