Other Needs Assistance (ONA) under FEMA’s Individuals and Households Program (IHP) may be able to provide you with financial help after a disaster. The program provides money, if you qualify, for necessary expenses and serious needs caused by the disaster.
Other needs assistance under IHP includes the following:
- Personal property
- Medical and dental expenses
- Funeral and burial costs
- Moving and storage
- Miscellaneous and other expenses
- Critical needs assistance
- Group flood insurance program
Read the Individuals and Households Program Fact Sheet (PDF, 247 KB) for more details.
General Program Requirements
You must meet all of the following conditions to qualify:
- You have losses in a presidentially declared disaster area.
- You have no insurance or have filed an insurance claim, but it does not cover all of your damage or loss.
- You or someone who lives with you is a U.S. citizen, a non-citizen national, or a qualified alien.
- You have necessary expenses or serious needs because of the disaster.
- You have accepted help from all other available sources, like insurance or Small Business Administration (SBA) disaster loans.
Other conditions and limitations apply.
To start an application, click Apply Online. If you have already applied to IHP for Housing Assistance, you don't need to apply separately for ONA.
If you have questions or prefer to apply by phone, you may call the FEMA Helpline.
You can also visit a local Disaster Recovery Center (DRC) for help. Use the DRC Locator to find a center near you.