Do you need to change your address because of a disaster?
If you get medical treatment or a benefit payment from the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), you may be able to update your address or direct deposit information through the eBenefits website. Or VA may be able to make the change over the phone or help you find the correct address to mail a request to.
General Program Requirements
To qualify, you must meet one of the conditions below:
- Be currently enrolled in the VA medical system and get VA medical treatment or assistance, or
- Get a benefit payment from VA.
To change your address for VA benefit payments, you can do one of the following:
- Update your contact information online using eBenefits for compensation, pension, and post-9/11 GI Bill education benefits. You can click Register at the top of the page to register for an account.
- Call the VA at 1-800-827-1000 or visit your local VA regional benefit office.
- Send a “Request for Change of Address/Cancellation of Direct Deposit” form (VA Form 20-572) to:
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Claims Intake Center
PO Box 4444
Janesville, WI 53547-4444
If you wish to change your address for medical enrollment or records:
- Please contact the VA facility where you get treatment, or
- Call the VA Health Benefits Service at 1-877-222-8387.
You may find address and other contact details for your VA medical facility at the Veterans Health Administration (VHA) Locations page.
To apply for other Veterans benefits and view your status, open a free eBenefits Premium account. eBenefits is a one-stop resource for Department of Defense (DoD) and VA benefits and services. Veterans, Servicemembers, and their families may open eBenefits accounts.
With a Premium account you can handle self-service actions like the following:
- Check claim status.
- Handle GI Bill enrollment.
- Get copies of civil service preference letters, DD214, and other personal information.
Visit eBenefits to learn more or register for an account.