Other Needs Assistance (ONA) under FEMA’s Individuals and Households Program (IHP) may be able to provide you with financial help after a disaster. The program provides money, if you qualify, for necessary expenses and serious needs caused by the disaster.
Other needs assistance under IHP includes the following:
- Personal property
- Medical and dental expenses
- Funeral and burial costs
- Moving and storage
- Miscellaneous and other expenses
- Critical needs assistance
- Group flood insurance program
Read the Individuals and Households Program Fact Sheet (PDF, 132 KB) for more details.
General Program Requirements
You must meet all of the following requirements to qualify:
- You have losses in a presidentially declared disaster area.
- You have no insurance or have filed an insurance claim, but the damage for all of your losses isn't covered.
- You or someone who lives with you is a U.S. citizen, a non-citizen national, or a qualified alien.
- You have necessary expenses or serious needs because of the disaster.
- You have accepted help from all other available sources, like insurance or Small Business Administration (SBA) disaster loans.
Certain conditions and limitations apply
To start an application, click Apply Online. If you’ve already submitted an application for IHP, you don’t need to do a separate one for ONA.
If you have questions or prefer to apply by phone, you may call the FEMA Helpline at one of the program contact numbers below.
You can also visit a local Disaster Recovery Center (DRC) for help. Use the DRC Locator to find a center near you.