Housing Assistance under FEMA's Individuals and Households Program (IHP) can provide financial help and direct services after a disaster. The program assists with housing needs not covered by insurance or provided by any other source.
Housing Assistance includes the following:
- Lodging expense reimbursement for short-term stays in hotels or motels.
- Rental assistance for temporary housing OR direct temporary housing in the forms below:
- Multi-family lease and repair
- Recreational vehicle (RV)
- Manufactured housing unit (MHU)
- Direct lease
- Money to help repair or replace your primary home.
- Permanent housing construction.
Read the Individuals and Households Program Fact Sheet (PDF, 132 KB) for more details.
General Program Requirements
You must meet all of the following conditions to qualify:
- You have losses in a presidentially declared disaster area.
- You have no insurance or have filed an insurance claim, but it does not cover all of your damage or loss.
- You or someone who lives with you is a U.S. citizen, a non-citizen national, or a qualified alien.
- Your primary home is the one affected.
- You can't access your home or your home requires repairs because of disaster damage.
Other conditions and limitations apply.