This application requires JavaScript.Please turn on scripting in your browser to proceed.
skip to main content
skip to main menu

Agencies That May Be of Assistance to You for Selected Disaster
 Help for this page
Print all agencies
Select Details to display the contact information for non-FEMA agencies that may be able to provide you with additional assistance.
Agency Name Description
 Details  Tax Assistance Since you have damaged or lost property in a location declared by the President as a major disaster area, you may be able to get some money back from the IRS. For more information, order their Publication Number 2194 (for Individuals or 2194B for Businesses) 'Disaster Loss Kit' by calling 1-800-829-3676.

Other Tax Assistance: County tax assessors may provide information and assistance on possible property tax relief.
 Details  Insurance Information Help and/or counseling is available on insurance problems and questions, which may include obtaining copies of lost policies, claims filing, expediting settlements, etc. If you have not been able to resolve your problem with your insurance company you may contact your State Insurance Commissioner. For flood insurance inquiries, contact the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
 Details  Social Security Help is available from the Social Security Administration (SSA) in expediting delivery of checks delayed by the disaster and in applying for Social security disability or survivor benefits.
 Details  Veterans Benefits The Veterans Administration (VA) can expedite delivery of information about benefits, pensions, insurance settlements, and VA mortgage loans.
 Details  Crisis Counseling Referral services and short-term intervention counseling is available for mental health problems caused or aggravated by the disaster.
 Details  Small Business Administration (SBA) If you would like more information about the Small Business Administration (SBA) Disaster Loan Program you have been referred to or require further assistance in filling out the Disaster Loan application, please call 1-800-659-2955, or e-mail . For the hearing impaired, please call 1-800-877-8339.
 Details  American Red Cross Service Center (SRC) The American Red Cross Service Center in your area maybe able to assist you on an emergency basis.
 Details  Emergency Services Voluntary agencies may assist you with food, clothing, shelter, transportation, and medical care on an emergency basis.
 Details  Fraud Detection To report possible fraud regarding Federal Disaster Assistance please call FEMA's Fraud Detection toll free number.
 Details  Aging Services Your local agency on aging may help you with special needs such as transportation, meals, or home care.
 Details  Information and Referrals This referral service can provide referrals to ongoing community programs that are available in your local area.